My Captain

 At some point, we all need someone like a ship captain to lead us, take care of us, and make decisions on our behalf. Sometimes you simply want to sit back, knowing that someone trustworthy is in charge—not because you are incapable, but because you don't want to carry everything by yourself.

That is how I see Jesus as my Captain.

I may not always know where the journey is taking me. I may not understand the waters I am passing through, and sometimes the waves may be stronger than I expected. But I can rest because I know who is holding the wheel.

Jesus sees what I cannot see. He knows the destination even when I only see the storm. He knows when to move, when to wait, when to change direction, and when to tell me to be still.

My responsibility is not to control the whole journey. My responsibility is to trust my Captain.

Sometimes faith means saying, “Jesus, I don't know what You are doing, but I trust You to lead me.”

And there is something deeply comforting about knowing that I don't have to be in control all the time. I have a Captain who cares about me, who knows the way, and who will not abandon the ship.

So, Jesus, take the wheel. Lead me. Correct me when I am going the wrong way. Protect me when the waters become rough. And when I am afraid, remind me that the Captain is still on board.

I don't need to know every detail of the journey when I know who my Captain is.

Comments

Popular Posts